BASIX encourages you to reduce your consumption of potable water through the following strategies:
- Landscape - choosing low water-use and indigenous species, and using alternative water sources for garden irrigation
- Fixtures - choosing water-efficient showerheads, taps, toilets and appliances
- Alternative water - including rainwater, stormwater, greywater, private dams
- Pools and spas - reducing evaporation through covers and shading, and topping-up from rainwater
- Central systems though cooling tower management and operation, on-site water recycling, and fire sprinkler testing.