This website is provided and maintained by the Department of Planning & Environment. This privacy statement sets out the Department's practices relating to the privacy of your personal information. The Department's privacy practices are regulated by the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1988 (NSW), (the Privacy Act). Please note that the Department does not have any responsibility for the privacy policies or practices of third party sites linked to the BASIX® site.
Under the Privacy Act, you have the right to know the nature of the personal information that the Department collects about you, for what purpose the information is being collected, and how the information is to be used. You may also request access to your personal information collected by the Department.
Email Management and Personal Information
By emailing the BASIX® website, or submitting personal information via a form on the BASIX® website, you consent, or will procure the consent of the person to whom the personal information relates, to the use of the submitted information for the purposes for which this website was established, or other related purposes. Any information submitted to the site, if used, will be used anonymously. The Department will only retain and use your e-mail address for the purpose for which you have provided it. It will not be added to a mailing list without your consent.
Site Visit Data
To help the Department improve its website and provide better services to its users, the Department makes a record of your visit and logs the following information:
- the IP (Internet Protocol) address of the machine which has accessed it;
- your top-level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .uk etc.);
- the date and time of your visit to the site; and
- the pages visited.
- Cookies are used on the BASIX® site to collect and store information.
Exceptions to the Rule
The Department will not collect, use and disclose personal information other than stated as above except for the purpose of investigating:
- unauthorised attempts to access files that are not published on the BASIX® pages
- unauthorised tampering or interference with files published on the BASIX® site
- unauthorised attempts to index the contents of the BASIX® site by other sites
- attempts to intercept messages or any data of other users of the BASIX® site
- communications which are defamatory, abusive, vilify individuals or groups or which give rise to a suspicion that an offence is being committed
- attempts to otherwise compromise the security of the web server, breach the laws of the State of New South Wales or Commonwealth of Australia, or interfere with the enjoyment of the BASIX® site by other users
- any other circumstances permitted under the Privacy Act.