Development Application details
When revising a certificate that has been already lodged with the consent authority, the BASIX dialog box requests development application details, including type of application, lodgement date and application number. Adherence to correct entry of this data is important to ensure validity of revised certificates and provide a record of revision history. To revise a certificate generated in an earlier version of BASIX the certificate must have been lodged with the consent authority and the lodgement date must be entered into the BASIX dialog box.
Changes to local government boundaries
Changes to local government boundaries that came into force in 2016 may require reselection of the local government area when revising certificates. Read the help note Project Address for more information.
What is the application type?
The required information relates to the type of development consent being sought under Section 4.2(2) of the Act - either Development Application or Complying Development Certificate.
What is the lodgement date?
For a Development Application (DA) under Part 4 of the Act (other than State Significant Development):
- The date the application is made to the Consent authority (Council) in accordance with Section 4.12 of the Act; or
- The date an amended certificate is lodged with the Consent Authority (Council) in accordance with Section 55A of the Regulation; or
- The date that an application is made to the Consent Authority (Council) to modify a consent under Section 4.55 of the Act.
For a Complying Development Certificate (CDC) under Part 4 of the Act:
- the date that an application is made to the Consent Principle Certifying Authority (Council or accredited certifier) in accordance with Section 4.28 of the Act; or
- The date that an application is made to the Consent Principle Certifying Authority (Council or accredited certifier) to modify the CDC in accordance with Section 4.30 of the Act.
What is the application number?
This is the number provided by the consent authority or accredited certifier at time the application for consent is made. Correct input of this data is important to ensure validity of the revised certificate.
What if I make an error entering this data?
Users are advised to check the accuracy of the application details carefully. The data cannot be altered once 'continue' is selected. If an error is made, contact us. You will need to provide details of the certificate to be corrected, user name, logon and evidence of the correct application type, date and number (facsimile or scan of documentation from the consent authority).
- The 'Act' means the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979. 'Regulations' means the Environmental Planning and Assessment Regulation 2000.
- The Regulations specifies that for BASIX affected development, applications must be accompanied by a BASIX certificate issued no earlier than 3 months before the date on which the application is made. If this condition is not satisfied, the application may be considered as not properly made.
- This date only applies to certain certificates generated prior to 30 March 2009 where the certificate lodged with the construction certificate application is already a revision of the certificate lodged with the consent authority (DA or CDC application).