BASIX certificate validity
- A BASIX certificate is valid for 3 months, prior to submission to council or accredited certifier.
- Once your BASIX certificate is lodged with the council or accredited certifier it is valid for the maximum life of the development application.
- If your BASIX certificate is not lodged within 3 months you will need to generate a new certificate. This will incur additional fees. Find out more about lodgement dates.
- If you have made changes to your project then you will also have to update your BASIX certificate. This will mean completing another BASIX assessment and printing a new certificate.
- The commitments that you make for your project (as shown on the BASIX certificate), must be noted on the plans.
Note: BASIX certificates are reviewed by Council and checked during the building process. Any inconsistencies may result in costly changes to development.